View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 09:40 AM

Default Re: Putting your foot in it

I was at a software conference in DC where I ran into an old colleague from another company. We chatted while waiting at the registration table. They didn't have this guy's registration info so I suggested that he should call our old boss and stick him with the bill. I then asked him how the old boss was doing and how things at the old firm were going. My colleague gave me a confused look.

"You do realize that I've been working at the same plant as you [at my new firm] for the past four months, and that we've been on the same project for six weeks, right?"

Doh.

Names confound the heck out of me. One week ago tonight I was at a political fundraiser. A familiar looking fellow approached, called me by name, asked after my wife by name, and I could not for the life of me recall who the [censored] he was. Another acquaintance approached the two of us, and I couldn't remember his name either. After an agonizing two minutes I excused myself by saying, "I'm sorry, gents, The Warden is giving me the eye." I'm an ass.