Thread: Dexter 11/25
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Dexter 11/25

Wow, that episode was crazy crazy intense. The whole last half hour, I could feel my entire body tensed. It seems like every episode the situation just gets worse and worse for Dexter until you just can't imagine how it can work out.

Anyway, right now he has:
-a gunshot in his leg
-an entire FBI security detail at his house that will find it suspicious if he doesn't show up
-Doakes, who knows that he's the Bay Harbor Butcher caged up in the Everglades
-a meeting scheduled with Rita
-an FBI investigation that has tons of evidence that could easily lead to him if it's not played exactly right
-a crazy, arsonous, possibly murderous ex-girlfriend who's obsessed with him that also knows things about him that could be very suspicious

If this was 24 or something, it wouldn't be that big of a deal since super-Jack always finds a way to fix everything, but in this show, every time Dexter screws up, it seems that the things he does wrong actually lead to a new problem and are never fixed easily. Considering how hard it is to increase tension throughout in a typical 2 hour movie, it's really amazing that they can keep it increasing throughout an entire season without any let up.

I still think Season 1 was a little deeper, but this season has been a lot better than could be expected. Great job of living up to the original considering that they weren't even following a book.