View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Hitting my driver

[ QUOTE ]
There's nothing wrong with changing to a diff grip just for the driver...nothing at all.

Do you hit your 3-wood with consistency? If so, just stick with it for the tourny and get back to working on the driver after.

Otherwise, is your slice consistent? Can you aim sufficiently left for it to go in the fairway, or all you all over the place with it? Are you transferring your weight to your left side as you come through, or hanging back on your right? (That's a common cause of a wicked slice). Do you have enough width in your swing? (Take the club back low and slow, almost on the ground for the first foot...it will 'feel' like you're taking it outside, but you're not).

[/ QUOTE ]

I use to be able to hit my 3 wood more consistently, but since Ive been working on my irons and short game so much, my driver/woods are pretty sucky. And ya, Im pretty much all over the place nowadays becuase I cant get 1 single routine down to hit consistently, and then work on that routine because i havent been working on it.

so far things I will work on:

1. taking the driver back 1 foot, very close to the ground

2. transfering weight to my front foot before I begin the downswing.