View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:26 PM

Default Re: ***Official*** CNN/YouTube GOP debate

[ QUOTE ]
I was surprised by the reaction to the gay question at the end. All the candidates seem to think it's a no brainer to keep the gays out of the military. Hunter was ridiculous with his Christian conservative soldier remark. And even McCain who I thought was more reasonable was against gays in the military. Could someone tell me how Ron Paul feels about this issue?

Also, I kind of agree with the poster that said it is kind of a worthless issue, but I would never support a candidate who supported such blatant discrimination.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is some merit to the unit cohesion issue. I think the gay general asking if the candidates believed that gays could serve "professionally" in the military was valid.

An openly flaming gay "HEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYY" soldier/sailor likely would impact unit cohesion and morale.

A professional soldier/sailor that happens to be gay I'm sure would be fine and 99% of folks wouldn't have an issue with it.

I just don't think the military wants the headache of having to deal with the "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYY" flaming gays so they choose to keep all of them out.