View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 04:27 PM

Default Re: Quick question for pro life people.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"No, but I am crazy."

Does a person's death affect other people? If you don't think the answer to that is yes, then you are the crazy one my friend.

[/ QUOTE ]I agree any time anyone beats off they should be charged with attempted murder. Use a condom premeditated murder. Scratch your nose, genociede.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the position might seem ridiculous to you, but sperm cells and skin cells do not have a full set of unique genetic material. Those cells are part of you, so you are not killing a separate entity. The same goes for egg cells in a woman. However, a fertilized egg has genetic material from both parents, so it's possible to consider it as a separate entity from the mother.

[/ QUOTE ]Nope it's not ridiculous to me. Calling the destruction of a bastula murder is on par with calling beating off into a sock child abandonment. Or scrathing your nose genociede. Genetic code or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your analogies don't work at all. Are sperm cells and skin cells "alive"? Yes in the technical sense they are alive. However, they are merely parts of a living organism, namely the human in question. The same goes for unfertilized egg cells. Then when fertilization occurs, parts from two different human beings combine to form an individual separate from both the father and the mother, so it's sensible to differentiate between this new cell and the previous ones. That's why this is not the same as skin cells or sperm cells being killed.

Now the question becomes whether or not that entity is worthy of protection from destruction. Some may phrase this as whether that entity has achieved personhood. That is the key divide between those for and against abortion.