View Single Post
Old 10-22-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: FT Hand against Apestyles (is this -$ev)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
heh, I dont like my play very much either to be honest... But its so fun abusing bubbles, + on my 8th o9th belvedere and pineapple juice. I assumed he was familiar with icm and would need 99 or TT plus to call. Even with that assumption the risk vs. reward just isnt there.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is familiar with icm you should be autoshoving with tape over your screen unless you think he's tightened up opening on the button to be super tight 3 handed.

[/ QUOTE ]I think ape is correct, his megapush over a stack that has a huge potential to hurt him was a mistake. I'm pretty certain he wouldn't make the same play on a Sunday final table.

Now, if he was playing a bot that always used ICM to decide whether to call, then okay. But people aren't bots, and you are making a mistake if you assume that they are always going to make the right play, even if they have the requisite knowledge. The person who was happiest to see ape's push was the short stack.

"familiar with ICM" and "always using ICM to make the mathematically correct decision" are two very different things.