View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Re: * * * Official WPT Niagara Thread * * *

[ QUOTE ]
Clayton, how often are the sats going off? I'm going to be there in a couple hours to play hopefully just one.

[/ QUOTE ]

the entire poker room is a clusterfuck, right now at 9 pm the waitlists for the satellites are like 70 or so (?) and a satellite only goes off every 45 minutes or so.

Some 5/10 waitlists are taking 7 hours. Basically, the poker room is bush league and a mess as it was last year.

As to the skill level in the $1200 satellites, I would say it's similar in skill level to a $16 turbo on stars. Of the 10 people at the table, there were like 3-4 really tight nits, 2 decent players with leaks, and 3 miserable players.

Roy Winston was at my table and he busted like first or second (which took an hour and a half which was a record). He played okay, but did some really spewy stuff which I think was due to the fact that his normal game is 50/100 NL and he was just having some fun.

The strucure allows for the most optimal play (imo) to be overly patient in the early stages because people fold too much in later stages. I had like 1300 chips at 150/300 sevenhanded and from there on I was called to be all-in for my tournament life once, and that was heads-up at 400/800 three hours later.

Also, if villain is one of those tight nits, he will never bluff. It always takes me a couple of mistakes to see this, but I swear to god nobody ever bluffs.

I did have a sick aejones-esque hand where i turned 4th pair into a bluff by CRAI on the river when it was HU. the moment he bet aejones' fro popped into my head and I was like "oh god what have I gotten myself into".