View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 10:22 AM

Default Something just screamed to do it....

Good game. I just got called to the bigger game.

Mucks 10-20 with a 1/2 kill on so it's playing 15-25
7-handed as 2 are walking

2 guys are posting behind the button to take their first hands.

UTG limps (good thinking player) I limp with 89s. fold, 2 Guys behind just rap their blinds. Blinds come along. 6 to the flop

Flop 6 6 7 two tone with one of my tone.

One blind bets, fold, UTG raises, I 3 bet. 1 poster folds, 1 guy calls but doesn't realize it's 3 bets. Looks like he now wants to fold, but throws in the 3rd bet(seems sincere about his mistake). He really wants to drop his hand. Blind kinda freezes a bit and calls the 2 back to her. Buddy thinks and calls.

4 to the turn.

Turn: J o/s

Checked around. Kind of weak checks, actually.

River: K o/s

Somewhat weakly checked to me, something just hits me so I bet. Poster folds. Blind is lamenting how she can't call with her 2 pair because of the K and J on the board and folds. Buddy(who knows my play as we play quite a bit on the same tables) is hemming and hawing asking if I caught that K and that he probably should call. After thinking(what seemed like forever) he folds saying nice hand.

Normally I don't show, but since this was the last hand at that table for me before I went to a bigger game, I decided to flip them over. Buddy could only laugh when he realized that no, I didn't have a str8. This after a quick bolt look to the board. Blind is beside herself for folding.

Then I proceeded to become absolutely carddead in a fantastic higher game, with fantastic position on the action players for about 7 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Funny how that works...

Cya

b