View Single Post
Old 09-03-2007, 11:46 AM

Default Re: There has been a major GOP scandal every week since Jan 2007

Did you actually read through this list. Is this really fair? Among the major Republican scandals so far on this list include:

1. A radio talk show host in Colorado (not sure how that is a "Republican scandal."

2. The former Treasurer of a county in Colorado named Mark Paschall...who?

3. A Republican fundraiser named Brent Wilkes...who?

4. Republican donor Michael Mixon...who?

5. A complaint against David Stockman, Reagan's old budget director. Now there is a major Republican scandal..some guy who was in Reagan's cabinet 25 years ago.

6. Gov. Huckabee's son is arrested with a gun in his luggage. Now there is a relevant indictment of the entire Republican Party.

7. Michael Flory, former head of the Michigan Federation of Young Republicans, pleads guilty to sexual abuse. I am surprised the media ignored this major scandal. After all, Michael Flory is such a household name.

To make a long story short. A lot of this corruption is simply individuals who did bad things who happen to be Republicans. If we are going to include minor state officials, radio talk show hosts, and people who haven't been in government for years, I am guessing there have been an equal amount of Democratic "scandals." I heard one of Jimmy Carter's Deputy Assistant Interior Secretaries was caught Jaywalking last week. Another major politcial scandal.