Thread: 3/6 NL HU video
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: 3/6 NL HU video

[ QUOTE ]

I think the hands really are in the public domain, there is nothing at all shady about showing them.

As for discussing how you play -- I agree it would be the nice thing to do for the video maker to ask for your consent, especially if you are both regulars, but I don't think he has any obligation to do it. For me, it is like hitting and running, or joining a game that two players clearly want to keep HU. Not strictly wrong, but not polite.

However:
- the video is probably more useful to you than to anyone else, especially if your opponent was a strong player
- where do you draw the line? If it was a 9 handed table would it still be impolite to discuss the game without all 8 opponents' permission? Perhaps the poster above is right and some way of blocking out screen names is best (easy to do with most recording software).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just talking about the bold part, it is not correct to say that the information shown in the video is public, because mucked hands at showdown are NOT shown to observers, thus revealing a TON more information that is only allowed to be had by his opponent.