View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Two flops - right ruling?

[ QUOTE ]
A bizarre dealer mix-up in a hand I was not involved in last night. 1/2 NL live, dealer is having an off-night (I think he had a cold or something) and after a raise and a call two players see the flop. Bet, call and he burns and flips another three-card flop out. Woops!

I suggested to the dealer (and later the floor) that the first card off, which was easily identifiable, should be left up as the turn and the remainder two cards should be shuffled back in (not unlike a premature turn card). Floor ruled the hand was dead and chopped the small pot to the two remaining players, one of whom flopped top pair and the other who flopped bottom set (DOH!).

Any thoughts on whether this was the right ruling? I always try to respect the floor and dealer rulings when they're reasonable, and I didn't speak up after my suggestion was offered (side issue: maybe I shouldn't have offered an opinion at all?). More curiosity than anything as I didn't have any investment in this situation other than academics.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do floors ever make this ruling and rake the pot before the chop?