View Single Post
Old 11-17-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: ***Official 2007-2008 NHL Season Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sunny,

While I agree with regard to Brodeur, goalies just aren't worth that much. When you trade a goalie, you almost always have to deal for the other team's goalie - then you get either a solid winger or defenseman, but not both.

There's really not help coming for New Jersey. Half the problem with New Jersey is that there's about 7 new guys on the roster. Adding another guy isn't really going to help unless it's Nicklas Lidstrom.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I agree Triumph, that is the problem. I just don't know how these GM's view it though. I kinda have a feeling that some team with terrible goaltending would really overpay for Brodeur, but maybe I'm wrong.

OMG the thought (more like dream) of Nik Lidstrom on the Devils just got me really excited. Dude is so sick.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ilya Bryzgalov just went on waivers, and while Bryzgalov's play is shaky at times (he's Russian after all), he's still probably better than the 30th best goalie in the league, and could start for 4 or 5 teams. However, market inefficiencies conspired to dry up the possible suitors for him.

It's tough to think of a top team that's in desperate need of goaltending, although a certain team in Detroit's going to be soon.