View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 12:35 PM

Default Re: Theory behind big Add-On\'s?

Pfap, Do have an idea of what the average chip stack might be, or how many chips are in play, at the start of round 5?

From previous conversations I'm thinking the ave. is about 7000-8000. But maybe I'm way underestimating rebuys. (I picked 25 buy ins, 25 rebuys and 25 add ons. 175,000/25= 7000) I'm trying to get a feel for how chip stacks compare with the blinds / antes in rounds 5-7.

If I'm correct then players have about 37x bb in round 5. Round 6 cuts that in half. Under my current structure I'm about 55x bb starting out after the rebuy period. I don't have any ante either which eats away at your stack big time. (antes are like Chinese water torture or a really bitter ex wife)

My current structure is $25/ T1000 and rebuys are the same. I'm looking at: Buy in $15 / T1000, Rebuy $15 / T1000, Add on $15 / T2000. I'm giving up some cash on the front end but hopefully making it up, plus a little more, with the Add Ons. Rebuys might also increase with the lower cost. My goal is to give players more room ,or at least keep it the same, to play in the 2-3 rounds after the rebuy / add on period is over.

I have a feeling I don't have anywhere near enough chips for this. This could cost me a fortune.