View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 11:10 AM

Default Re: **FCS (formerly I-AA) Football Playoff Thread**

Well Round 2 begins in a few hours.

Eastern Washington @ Appalachian State (Noon)
Even though Eastern Washington has been playing it's best football for weeks now, how can you not like the Mountaineers at home? The long plane ride for EWU coupled with the early start time and some more of the mountain magic will have ASU in the Semi's once again.

Delaware @ Northern Iowa (2pm)
Delaware looked great last week at home, but somehow a High School team made it into the I-AA playoffs and faced them. Meanwhile, UNI barely got past the CAA's (arguably) 5th best team in UNH. Delaware has some serious offensive fire power in Flacco and Cuff, but the Panthers can play some D. Delaware grabs the lead early but their defense lets them down again in the 2nd half. Northern Iowa by 14.

Massachusetts @ Southern Illinois (3:15pm)
Both of these teams are pretty evenly matched. The Saluki's have faired a bit better on offense this year, but its too damn close to call. I can see this game going to OT, maybe more than one. I'll just go with UMASS because I'm a CAA homer.

Richmond @ Wofford (7pm)
Wait a damn minute! Wofford gets a home game in the playoffs? That's can't be right. But it is! The Terriers went up to Missoula last weekend and beat previously undefeated Montana in a close one. Their "reward" was a home game against CAA Co-Champion Richmond. Both of these teams can seriously run the football. But Wofford is a bit too one dimensional for my liking and the Spiders are pretty good at stopping the run. I like Richmond in this one.