Thread: Emerging troll
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Emerging troll

Yeah, just a little run in with him in WSOP. He was Greg bashing and making fat jokes. Here is his response:

[ QUOTE ]
As world champ of poker, Raymer is part of the public domain. So, that was not exactly a personal attack like attacking someone in the forums.

I can tell you that I met Raymer in Las Vegas and told him that the reason that I took an interest in poker was that I figured that if a fat guy like him won, a fat guy like me can do it too. He proceeded to laugh his ass off, and we had a very nice conversation about poker, obesity, fat jokes (which he loves) and life in general. He also directed me to the two plus two web site and two plus two publishing for which I am forever grateful.

Can I attack Moneymaker instead?

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciated the first part of his message in that it somewhat explained why he was doing what he was doing (regardless of whether or not it was in good taste and appropriate). But the Moneymaker question confirmed that essentially he will be a troll. I explained to him that 2+2 doesn't condone personal attacks on anybody, and that we're particularly sensitive when those attacks are on poker celebrities who we don't want to scare away from 2+2. I got no response.