View Single Post
Old 09-28-2007, 12:54 AM

Default Re: A hiatus

So today Bravos goes and plays the glorious 5-200 spread game at Bay101 because it is the softest thing ever...EVAH

So max buy in is $200 (lol 40BBs) and hero buys in for $200 LDO

Like 4th hand in..I get QQ and raise it to $35 after 2 limpers.
All fold except last limper. Pot ~$85 after drop. Flop J92r and I lead for $75, and EP limper c/r's AI for an additional $25 and LDO I have to call... He had AJo and I dodge turn and river.. yay.

After about 45 minutes, I've more than doubled my stack to about $425. Table have been very LAG, and we are seeing about 3 live straddles/orbit.

UTG straddles and 3 "limpers" to me and I over limp 66. One more limper and BTN makes it $55 to go...one limper calls and I call. I have them both covered and BTN has about $200 behind, EP ~$75. Pot is ~$200. Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Checked to me and I just lead for $135 as there is no need to get fancy and if BTN has an over-pair he is definitely paying me off. BTN pushes over the top, EP folds and I obviously call hoping he has an over-pair instead of something like A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], instead he flips TT and I can't catch my 1 outer.. damn ~$600 pot!!!

So I spend another 30 minutes building my stackw/ KK takes a decent pot after the turn.

Another straddle and 4 limpers..and someone makes it $50 to go and I look down at KK. I make it $150 to go and everyone folds to orig raiser who pushesfor an additional $50. I call and we have a $450 pot and he flips A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] LOL WTF? I laughed inside until I see a rainbowed A hi flop!! ARGH! I can not hit my 2 outer and boom... another $450 slides the wrong direction.

LOL so I rebuild again.. see a pattern yet? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

a few minutes later, UTG makes it $40 and one caller, I have red Aces and make it $150. All folds to UTG who pushes for another $50 or so. Cold caller fold and I call. Flop is K high. Turn T, and he flips TT.. yup I miss again on river.. an ship another $450 pot to someone else.

3 hand later I'm UTG+1 in a straddled pot w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and make it $35. All fold to the BTN who was the TT guy from the previous hand. and he calls.

Flop is JT2r and I c-bet about $50 and he calls. Pot is about ~$180 and turn is a total brick.. like a 5. I check, pretty much expecting BTN to blow me out here, but he only bets $25. So I'm getting about 8:1 and figure I have about 6-8 discounted outs. I call. River is a Q and I value bet $75. He agonizes a bit and calls w/ KK LOL, well played KK! He said he put me on AA until the turn.. LOL, whatever, He played that horribly and I get to suckout for a change.

OK.. another hand.... Hero gets JJ UTG and makes it $30. 3 cold callers..LOL and BB is an uber-LAGgy old dude. He pushes for $78 total and I love it because I reraise max : ~$245 (San Jose has a max $200 bet). All others fold except BTN who only has about $85 more.

BTN tells me he has 44 and old man won't tell. Flop is 589r.. turn 6, river 7 and the 2 of us LOL until old idiot dude turns over ATo for the T hi straight.. ZOMG!

I play for another hour or so and win a few more pots.. final tally 5 hours, +$363. Not bad, but OH WHAT COULD OF BEEN!!!! I don't think I'll ever play anything but $200 spread again [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]