View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: still cannot win at stars

Stars probably went rigged somewhere in the middle of December in 2006. I saw it happen to many other players too. It all started some month before that; I saw there was now some 70% players, that was a high number that wasn't so regularly there before, and many of them did well, but it took one month more before they started to beat me constantly. That's the story. Not sure how it's currently. I did try it a month ago playing micro and won nicely - I didn't use PokerTracker that time and I tried it the next session too but with the PokerTracker and had the beats though I still won as I was playing micro limits but I saw the joke again.

It wasn't that I did not have winning sessions at Stars during the beats; it was like in Paradise in 2000, the amount of winning sessions had become the amount of losing sessions. And at Paradise it wasn't only me to who it happened, it happened to a lot of players there.

During the beats at Stars, I observed what happened to some others too, including other limits and forms, and it was the same thing. I also played at other sites during the same time and was winning and the cards were running normally; but like magic the beats were there at Stars.

I am not saying it's 100% sure, but for me it's 80% sure and that's enough to stay away from there, just putting a small part of the action there to up/down that %. I was again winning at Paradise (now Boss) in 2003 (though I had a new computer too), the cards were running normally; it's generally clear when they are not running normally (and I am not saying to run away from somewhere when one is getting beats, it's not like that). It's not like some longer bad beat (that in this case stays so at only some place, constantly).

I should also note that Stars became more tight pretty much at the same time as these things started to happen. The ban for US players had been there already but it must be a part of it what comes to game quality (tighter), but as far as the beats go, and especially to suckers, that's a different story.

I liked a lot playing at Stars.