View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Which US Friendly Poker Room Do You Least Trust?

[ QUOTE ]
They are based there though right? They can't get licensed if they take players from Australia. I might be wrong about being based there it's just that any other site I've heard that did not take Aussies was because they were licensed there.

[/ QUOTE ]

this thread discusses poker.com in further detail: http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post9039943

note that my first post in that thread was incorrect, and my second post, is more accurate.

given that poker.com appears to have a significant link to a first world country with a developed legal system and consumer protections, i would have more faith in them than an offshore mob with no such links.

of course, Australian online gaming law prevents them from servicing Australians (which, in my personal opinion, is absurd - surely it would be better for the Australian community if Australians were able to use Australian services instead of foreign ones)

i know that WPTonline (or whatever the correct name is - it is based on the WPT) also refuses to serve Australians.

On a similar level of absurdity, I have heard this story anecdotally from a woman claiming to work at PokerStars in Sydney: While PokerStars is able to serve Australians, and has an Australian office (located in Sydney), the Australians working in that office are not allowed to have any interaction with an Australian player's account.