View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 02:14 AM

Default Re: When a check isn\'t a check

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But looking to the left? Really? You accept that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only do I accept it, but it is so common that I would be willing to bet that have accepted this action as a check.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there are many ways to check. I agree with bav. Just looking left isn't a check. It's not common. Not anywhere where I've played anyways. Neither is looking down at the table. Usually there has to be something more, as Bav mentioned. The dealers should've made him check in a more obvious manner previously. Then this wouldn't have come up.

You realize by saying that's a check, you now basically tell everyone they can't look anywhere during the hand upon their action? And yes, some people will call you on that and take it to the extreme.

b

[/ QUOTE ]
I haven't said that every time a player looks to his left that is a check. I said that in context this can be and often is a check. As i stated before, the way the player move sthere head, where there focus is, and their facial expression AND MOST IMPORTANTLY... whether they have checked in this manner before are relevant to determining whether it is a check.