View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:25 AM

Default B&M 3/6 flopped set, turn FH, too much action?

This is a Friday night B&M 3/6 game, but a little tighter than usual.

The main villain in this hand is a generally loose passive idiot. He seems relatively inexperienced at least with live poker. He is playing about 2/3 of his hands preflop, and I can never remember him raising preflop or post. He called down with Jx on a KQJ flop and lost to a straight. He went all in with 75s on a flop of AK6 with one of his suite, and lost. He re-bought after this.

I am on the button with 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Some folds, EP limps, more folds, villain limps in hijack, CO limps, I limp, SB fold, BB checks.

Flop, 5 players, 4 SB (after rake) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Checked to villain who bets, CO calls, I raise, BB folds, EP calls 2 cold, villain 3 bets, CO calls 2 more, I cap, EP calls 2 more, villain and CO call.

After the 3 bet, I put the villain on a flopped straight. He is not the kind of player that raises on a flush draw. 86 or 63 seem right in his range, especially if they are suited. Of course it is possible he has a set too with 44 or 77. I capped this without really thinking. Given my read I'm not sure why. If he does have the straight, at least I have outs. I’m guessing the EP and CO are on flush or straight draws.

Turn, 4 players 12 BB [7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP checks, villain bets, CO calls, I raise, EP folds, villain 3 bets, CO calls 2 more, I cap, villain and CO call.

I am now putting the villain on 86, 63, 77 or 44. The straight hands seem much more likely than the pocked pairs that have me beat. CO is probably on a flush or straight draw. Given that the CO is probably drawing dead, I see nothing wrong with capping here.

Turn, 3 players 24 BB [7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Villain bets, CO folds, I raise, villain 3 bets, I 4 bet, villain 5 bets (no cap now because it is heads up), I call.

Given that the villain seems like an idiot, did I give too much action here? Should I have kept raising on the river?