View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 05:06 PM

Default Re: 25NL 6 max. All-in riv against aggressive opponent

Ok, well in my opinion, the call on the turn was a bad move. As you know I'm sure, you had no drawing odds. Now, as you said, one of you're tactics was to appear as a bad player drawing for a spade by simply calling. There are a few problems with that...
1. This is a common tactic. I myself look for players that make this play and once I realize they do this, I mark a note on them... I'm sure I'm not the only one that does this. The cost of doing this type of business far exceeds the amount you will win... here is why...

Flush draw (4:1).. price for one card $10, long run win $50... net = $10 (after 5 similar situations)

Fake Flush draw (4:1).. Price for one card $10, long run win $50... net = $10 (after 5 similar fake draws)

Ok, you made an extra $10, but the money you gain vs. the losses you will loose when someone has a read on you is not comparable. At least with the actual flush, you will "likely" be ahead.

Also, you are playing small stakes... small stakes payers don't get scared off by flush draws. As Skalansky puts it... you could bluff a good player, but you can't bluff a bad one...