View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 04:23 AM

Default anybody familiar with \"meal replacement\" bars?

i'm away from home for 10+ hours a day 5 days a week so it's tough for me to make the multiple small meals one is supposed to eat throughout the day.

i was at my local big lots and found packs of these south beach meal replacement bars for just under 50 cents a bar (75% off or so) so i bought a box, and was surprised by how decent all three varieties taste. here's the nutritional info for them (all 3 are basically the same)

my goal is to lose a relatively significant amount of weight, so my plan (in addition to exercise, ldo) is to eat 3-4 of these a day (depending on when i get up) and a normal meal in the evenings. 4*210 calories = 810, and since i don't get any calories from liquids through the day (diet cola and water) that leaves 600-700 calories for my one meal that i'm actually home for. i'll also be getting 76 grams of protein through the day, which is a decent start, right?

as far as supplements go, i've been taking fish oil and a multi-vitamin, but should i be looking to add anything else since i'll only be eating one meal of "real" food?

so is this plan fundamentally flawed? i appreciate your thoughts!

thanks!