View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 01:42 AM

Default Re: ***Official SNF PHI/NE thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, so if those 2 onside kicks hadnt been recovered by the eagles, and none of those trick plays worked, than I am assuming by you the score would have still been a 3 point differential?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I saw one onside kick, so either I completely missed one or you saw an extra one that I didn't see. Second of all, I saw one flea flicker, and that was it. What other trick plays are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot planning for McNabb instead of Feeley also. And are you saying that it wouldn't be a 3 point difference, which was my question. In close games decided by 3 points, yes 2-3 plays make a very big difference. I didn't discredit anything that the Eagles did tonite, or anything the patriots didn't do for the loss, all I said that is that Pittsburgh would have to run really well to execute the same gameplan as the eagles and come out with a victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for avoiding my point which shows you didn't even watch the game and are making up stuff about onside kicks and trickery.

The Eagles didn't score on the onside kick. They gained very little with their "trickery", and McNabb is a better QB than Feeley, and probably would have performed about the same, maybe a little worse if you account for game planning.

So no, I don't think all that was the only reason the Eagles kept it close. I think it's because they played as well as New England did.

[/ QUOTE ]

The original quote had to do with gameplanning. I said that it would take a lot for the Steelers to execute the same gameplan- trick plays, onside kicks- basically balls out (which I thought would be inferred) for the Steelers to win. Which then you replied that *sigh it had nothing to do with the Pats getting no pressure and the Eagles outgaining them in yards* My point was that you cannot execute the same gameplan as the eagles tonite, and expect to run it with the same frequency of success. The O-line of the Steelers is not that great, neither is their d-line, and rothelsberger isnt a gunslinger. All I said, is that the Steelers would have to do a lot of things THAT THE PATRIOTS WOULD NOT EXPECT, AND DO THEM WELL, in order to win. If you had asked me to clarify my point instead of calling me an idiot and responding non-reactively to the argument, than this discussion would not have gotten this far.