View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Re: Ask mmbt0ne about another poster. Round 2.

[ QUOTE ]
If OOT were The Beatles, who would be who, including Pete Best and George Martin?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought about this one all day, it's a very good question. Here's what I came up with.

John - Ed Miller
Literally wrote the book that built the forums. 2p2 took off after the WSOP started airing at regular times on ESPN and MajorKong's book and advice helped everything grow. He wasn't very OOT, but had his moments. And, more importantly, he introduced a lady friend who would almost destroy everything that had once been so great. Plus, they're now both dead. At least on the inside.

Paul - El Diablo
I mean, come on. This one was pretty easy. Helped QB the greatest forum ever, tried to keep it together when it was falling apart, ended up letting it go and founding a new forum that was surprisingly solid. I mean, did you have any idea that Wings had 6 number 1 singles?

George - me
[censored] it, you can't always be humble right? Solid all around contributor with a few amazing tidbits sprinkled in. Never mentioned as one of the greats as first, but when you start to think about it, suddenly it all seems so right.

Ringo - Anacardo
Goofy guy who everyone recognizes. Usually he gets his notice for his eccentricities but, you know what, every now and then he'll go all yellow submarine on your ass and give you something great.
Example 1: Rock of Certitude Read this thread for full understanding.
Example 2: The unfortunate fashion truth for white people
Fact is, any cardo OP will get 200 responses minimum.

Pete Best - HDPM or Zeno
An originator who faded into oblivion and now doesn't get the respect he deserves. Probably more HDPM than Le Misanthrope since he still posts from time to time, even if it is in politics. I couldn't really come up with someone to fit the whole "not really in the group and got fired" thing, so I just went with that.

George Martin - [censored]
He has made us what we are. Likewise, Dynasty would be the Phil Spector here. Produced a good product, sure, but Paul was not happy. No not one bit.

[ QUOTE ]
Which daily poster would you personally like to see return.

[/ QUOTE ]

shant, shant, and more shant