View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Washington Post Fact Checker Questions Paul\'s plans.

[ QUOTE ]
How am I being a nit for pointing out that Pauls assumption about the country doing fine without the federal income tax the first 126 years when it is an invalid statement?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it was true for 116 years. A nit is a small, usually unimportant imperfection in something.

[ QUOTE ]
So its ok for politicians to lie or be ignorant about the history of one of their most important topics as long as you support that politician? Im sure its ok if a democrat say that the rich in this country only pays 25% in income tax when it is really 35%, because 10% doesnt really matter much?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ron Paul was basically saying the country paid 0% income tax 1787-1913, when really, giving a generous 10% flat income tax for all ten years 1862-1872, it paid .794% income tax. I'm sure someone like you might rip into whoever if someone was off by <1%, but it really doesn't matter.

[ QUOTE ]
Truth is that when America was at war congress found it neccessary to introduce an income tax, and Ron Paul is cleary wrong when he states that the nation did well without it. But sure, pointing out a politicanīs lies or lack of knowledge about one of his primary issues makes me a huge nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

So we need an income tax to wage war... the income tax is therefore good? Hurray war. I think America did just fine not warring.