View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Rudy G\'s Tough Talk

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
nothing to do with teh discussion, not saying I disagree, but you are going off on a tangent. Its possible to be salivating over more than one thing on your dinner plate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are they salivating over having such power? Is it an ego thing?

And don't forget the act that brought our freedoms in peril:
The Military Commissions Act. The same type of thing our citizens of past decades dealt with.

John Adams, with his Alien and Seditions Act, jailed newspaper editors.

Woodrow Wilson, with his Espionage Act, prosecuted 2k americans, most of whom were only guilty of vocalizing their advocacy for peace.

American speakers in American jails, for what they said about America.

FDR, with his executive order 9066, was necessary to save American lives, only to use it to imprison 110k Americans.
Secretary DeWitt told Congress: It does not matter that he/she is an American. They are still Japanese.

110k Americans. And they didn't even speak out against America.

How many people who post here, would love it, if those who do not agree with their view, could not post a reply. That they would have to post their reply on another forum, way out of the way of this one, and would be limited in what they could say there also.

That's what Bush got with his "Free Speech Zones."

Show me a presidential nominee who is screaming about doing away with the patriot act and every other act that imperils our freedoms and liberties, and then I may just consider registering to vote. Until then, I'm a Survivalist.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are using an argumentative tone w/ me (unless my perceptions are wrong), and yet I agree with your stance?

I dont know if it is an ego thing, but a lot of it is a free speech issue (dems push to silence talk radio comes to mind). any of these people want unlimited access to power, they just dont want anyone else to have it too. I still vote though.