View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Paperchamp\'s NFL week 15

Two more plays this week...

New York Jets +3.5 @ Minnesota Vikings (-104)
Risk 1.04u to win 1u

I had a feeling the Jets would be better than everyone anticipated. They were a playoff team in 2004 when Pennington was healthy. Exactly how good they are is pretty hard to tell but I think they can handle a team like the Vikings. I've watched the Vikings quite a bit this year and I have not been impressed. Much like the Broncos and Cardinals game, I find the disparity of the two conferences to be at fault for this line. I think that the Jets should be favored on a neutral field and as such I will gladly take the 3.5 points in Minnesota.

Pittsburgh Steelers -3 @ Carolina Panthers (+101)
Risk .99u to win 1u

I'm fairly sure that Jack Delhomme is not going to play. As such, I think that the Steelers are a pretty big favorite to win this game convincingly. Chris Weinke will have a very tough time with the Steelers blitz schemes. An announcement is expected to come tommorrow about whether Delhomme will play and even if he does, he won't be healthy. The Steelers are on a roll after starting the season out terribly. Big Ben has shown flashes that he can once again be the exciting player that he was last season. Although they have likely missed the playoffs, the Steelers are an extremely proud team and will be out to prove that last year was no fluke and that they are still a dominate team in the NFL.