View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Bryce is \"In the Well\"

[ QUOTE ]
Also, regarding the example, you're going to have to ask a way simpler question that that if you expect to get an answer [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] For example, I could tell you what the optimal distribution of betting and giving up to betting and re-raising as a re-bluff would be, but there are a million directions a hand can head in (and they compound) so you really do have to just take it in small bites.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, exactly my problem. So how do you approach this flop then? do you assume a flop action (cc seems reasonable) and solve for different turn+river combos? Obviously opponents' strategies are fluid IRL, but do you use a generic static strategy and try to find optimal line vs. that strat?

I ask because lately I've been working on this stuff a lot and it seems like it takes 10 man-hours just to code up the strategies and run a simulation whose results are just "meh". And that's when I have the hero c/c'ing the flop. If I wanna throw in different flop actions (like 30% c/r or something) the coding blows up to the point where I wanna just call it quits.

hehe, sorry for ranting in your thread--it really has been an excellent well and we are all lucky that you decided to return to it weeks after it was supposed to end.