View Single Post
Old 10-21-2007, 02:10 AM

Default Re: Oregon...

Thanks for the review bernie.

It seems as if UO's fans have built a reputation (at least on these boards) as being classless, which is a shame. I can assure you there are a great number of us who love Oregon yet know what really matters when it comes to sports competition. I'm disappointed I even have to clarify this.

I just wanted to say one thing. When the game was tied going into the 4th, I was trying to anticipate the reaction if we lost. I figured all the forum hacks would go on about how our defense sucked and we totally blew the game.

Personally, I didn't feel that way at all. Washington played great (at least on offense). Locker looks like the real deal. His passes were great, the running even better. Sure, maybe we could have done a better job tackling, but I think a lot of the credit goes to UW's offense and its playmakers. Once Dixon is gone after this year (and like Stewart too), we're going to really struggle for a year or two. I'm not looking forward to playing UW at all.

Also, WRT the comparisons to OSU, I would like to think a team with a freshman quarterback would progress a lot over the course of the season. Not implying that our defense is nearly as good as theirs, but then no one's implying that their offense is nearly as good as ours.