Thread: I wish I could
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 PM

Default Re: I wish I could

[ QUOTE ]
#4 seems to imply that you think public schools will be fixed by the govt throwing more money at them. But then the last paragraph seems to imply that you believe privatization is best. I'm confused about your stance here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think privatization is best, but if that can't be achieved then upgrading them smartly makes sense, don't you think? I don't mean just throwing money blindly at the schools, clearly that won't work. I'm not exactly sure what the money goes towards, but why can't schools who are run down and in bad shape get some more modern upgrades? I guess I'm confused about how some schools have no air conditioning or a lack of paper or something. Isn't the government helping schools improve? What do school taxes go toward? Again, I'd rather just have the "school tax" built into a national sales tax. Take a % of the sales tax and distribute it to schools. No school should be run down and without computers in this day and age. If the gov't is going to take the money, at least put it to good use.

But yeah, I'd rather have it all privatized if possible, it avoids problems like this for the most part.