View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 04:06 PM

Default My Story + An Offer (HOLY BALLS LONG)

WARNING - If you don't care about my poker story, scroll down to the <font color="red"> OFFER SECTION. </font>

So here it is. A lot of you know my story, my background, how i got started...but for those that don't: here ya go!

I started playing poker around the Moneymaker era, obviously. I was the kid who played with his friends for $5, won the money every time, and would take the money and buy beer with it. My first semester of school, i had won $650 JUST from these small $5-$20 games that we played. However, i was losing money online.

I had never heard of 2p2 at the time. I had never read a Sklansky book. I had never heard of bankroll management. I would deposit $50. Play a $22 SNG. Lose. Throw something. Rinse and repeat. This went on until i lost ~$500. Then, i found 2p2. MY LIFE TOOK A COMPLETE TURN FORTHE BETTER.

A few weeks after discovering this site, i luckboxed my way into winning a $5rebuy on party for $3600. Exactly one week later, i won it again for $5200. Two and four days later, i final tabled it for $1300 and $1100. I had finally built a bankroll.

Then i came across SNGs. Bleh. I would read everything in this forum daily. Gigabet would post some ridiculous article talking about WHOTHEFUCKKNOWS and i would pretend like i understood it. I was gonna be the next big thing!! Fast forward to last year. I worked my way up to the $55s with a $4500 roll. I just failed a class and got a D in another one. I PROCEEDED TO GET HAMMERED. "2+2 STTF ATM" - For those people who benefited from my drunken 1/2 2p2 shenanigans...you're welcome. I drunkenly gave away $1800. WTF. I WAS SOOOO UPSET. Never before had i lost so much money and i felt like a complete waste of life.

Then i met McShove, who had just won a big MTT and switched to cash games. Something made him want to give me a quick coaching session, for free. Honestly, this is the single most important event to happen in my poker career.

My results: Party:

200NL: 48k hands - 7.12bb/100
400NL: 43k hands - 6.4bb/100
600NL: 26k hands - 7.2bb/100

Stars:

400NL: 20k hands - 9.6bb/100
600NL: 53k hands - 4.7bb/100

So thats me. I want to thank everyone that i have talked to for helping me improve my game. Anyone that i talk to on AIM and EVERYONE that i talked to in Vegas - you guys have helped me grow as a player more than i ever could have myself.

Personal shoutouts: I don't like to make these because i always leave someone out, and while SOOOO MANY people contributed to my success, i'd like to thank Luke (IWEARGOGGLES), Travis (TravestyFund), and of course McShove for being there from the start. And I remember when we were all playing the $33s with sooo little money to our names. Now you guys are big time ballas and im trying to follow in your footsteps. Also bones and bigt were there. And all the canadian guys. And the SIHB, if it werent for you guys, who would i look up to?!?! And everyone one else...

So thats that. Now, for the real reason i started this thread.

<font color="red"> THE OFFER </font>

I'm starting a program for two lucky people (one of which has already been chosen). I will coach/stake this for 100NL and in turn, i will take 70% of their earnings over a MINIMUM of 35k hands.

Yes, i am taking a large portion of the winnings, but since i am taking the ENTIRE risk and giving you "free" coaching, i feel this number is more than fair. (I've heard taking 100% of profts is standard in this situation for a period of time, but im in a giving mood these days)

Example: Over 35k hands, you win at 5ptbb/100 (which, if you arent running like complete [censored], you had better be doing)

You are making $.10 per hand * 35k hands = $3500. I take 70% of this which = 2450 + the initial stake. You are left with $1050 which is now YOUR money.

Now, you have the option to continue being staked after 35k hands if you have not built a big enough roll to be on your own. I have the ability to opt out for ANY REASON i see fit throughout the entire process (tho unlikely to occur).

What I'm looking for:

- I want a small stakes player.
- Someone who has proven that they really want to learn.
- Someone who i can TRUST. (Have at least 3 2p2ers who would vouch for you)
- Someone who is willing to play AT LEAST 6 tables (more as you get a grasp of the game)

Futuredoc is my first student. I met him in Vegas, so i know he is 100% legit. He sounds excited to start, so i hope to begin this ASAP.

Please post your applications here:

Don't PM them. It makes it harder to compare people.

Please provide:

- Most tables you can see yourself playing:
- Current bankroll:
- What you expect to get out of this arrangement:

If i think of anything else, i will update you!

GL at the tables,
Jason