View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: 2007 Pac 10 football thread

[ QUOTE ]
USC (3-1) @ ORE (3-1):
The game of the week. USC looks revitalized after last weeks butt-whooping of ND while Oregon's offense looks like the scariest in the country. Why I haven't heard Dennis Dixon's name in the Heisman talks is a mystery.

USC had been playing without 3 starters on the offensive line and a starting defensive end. Three out of four of those guys are questionable for tomorrow so that could be an issue. On the Oregon side Colvin and Johnson are out for the season, and while this wasn't an issue against UW, USC's defense is much better.

There has been talk of Sanchez being questionable because he has never played a game of this magnitude but I don't think it will be an issue. USC has the number two rush offense in the Pac 10 (behind Oregon), while Oregon's rush defense is in the bottom half of the Pac. As long as USC establishes the run a lot of the pressure should be taken off of Sanchez's shoulders. Oregon's pass defense is also at the bottom of the Pac so I'm not seeing Sanchez having a tough day.

All this is dependent on whether USC's backups can hold it down on the O-line, which was a major problem against UW, Stanford and AZ. I believe this is going to be the key for this game. If the O-line plays well USC wins because they stop Oregon more times than Oregon can stop them. If not Oregon wins.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oregon's pass defense is #3 in the Pac Ten, not at the bottom. At least, their pass efficiency D is, I presume you were talking about raw passing yardage but that's ridiculously inflated by teams trying to play catch-up in blowouts. It is hard to throw the ball effectively against Oregon this year.