View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Re: Bankroll for full time play

[ QUOTE ]

Don't set your goal in terms of hands.

Set your goal in terms of hours. During those hours play how every many tables you think maximizes your hourly while not prematurely inducing burnout.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i've been playing full-time for close to two years, first sng's and now cash. fwiw, this year i've averaged 525 hands / hour, usually 6 tabling, at 23 hours/week for about 50k hands / month. if i were you i'd be focusing on learning to play more tables right now, not moving up. i'm a huge table selection nit but sometimes you have to suck it up and play a so-so table.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I'll take these two pieces of advice on board. I think I'll set a target of a minimum of 40 hours a week. I'll probably play more sngs instead of cash as I would feel more confident that I can play more than 4 tables without my game deteriorating significantly. perhaps when I get used to playing 7 or 8 sng tables I might find it easier to do likewise in cash.

Meanwhile thanks everyone for all the advice. don't suppose anyone has worked out that RorU formula [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]