View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Question from mod forum: homosexuality + retardation

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
bd - re: "whether or not people who actually mentally retarded express things like homosexuality"

I read this to mean that [censored] was implying that a predisposition to homosexuality might be genetic, and that he was wondering if a mentally retarded person would be able to act on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think censored used the phrase "express homosexuality" just as one would use the phrase "is gay."

i didnt take anything from the OP that might indicate whether censored thinks homosexuality is nature or nuture.

[/ QUOTE ]

I given this some thought in the past

I think there are people who are born straight and regardless of environment will be straight

I think there are people who are born gay and regardless of environment will be gay

and then I think there are people who are born somewhere in a range and that environment can have an effect on whether or not they are gay, straight or bi.

I have no scientific evidence to back any of this up

I also think its possible that heterosexuality is sort of the default given the nature of societies and that it may require a higher level thinking to come in touch and express something like homosexuality so I would expect it to be less prevalent in mentally retarded population. Additionally it would make sense that environment would play a larger role with the retarded.

the responses so far though are causing me to reconsider