View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Just Got Patrik Antonius Answer To The Question I Asked Kenny Tran

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
let's say for example, there was a very rich player who liked to play a certain game. let's say that, even though he has lost millions of dollars in the game and the game pretty much only runs that high when he is in town, everyone that plays him calls him "fearless" and "one of the best in the world," and that he is hands down the toughest player to play.

can you see how this would be better than simply saying nothing at all, and how this would prolong his stay at the game, even though he is losing millions of dollars in it?

poker is very much an ego game. the guys that lose a lot of money want to have fun and compete, but they didn't get to where they are in life by being "losers." they truly want to believe they are good and can win, and when they admit to themselves that they have no chance, they will move on to something else.

tc

[/ QUOTE ]

this is all correct...i just think the chance of the guy you describe coming anywhere near this forum is highly unlikely

even if there is a chance that this thread could spread through the bellagio to get to this guy...brandon would not risk much by simply acknowledging that there maybe be internet players in the top 20 of the question DS asked

i think the problem is clearly in the question and not so much them lying to protect the fish...(unless possibly they actually consider the people who many consider the sharks as fish ...then it makes alot more sense for them to lie)

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe Barry mentioned in his book that some of rich fish aren't as interested in the stakes as much as the challenge of playing against some of the best players in the world. They consider it a challenge or as Jerry Buss said on HSP it's like have a floor seat at a Lakers game.