View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Weird hand from 6k tourney in Sweden

Let me try to answer that in a roundabout way...

What range do we put Erik on for his flop lead?

He's obviously pretty aggressive, so I think we can give him a wide range.

KhJh, KhTh, Th9h, 44, and QJ are the worst case scenarios. I think we can also give him the offsuit version of all those straight draws, with 0 or 1 heart, as well as two small hearts. For one pair hands, I'll add KQ, AQ, AJ, KJ, JT, and maybe TT, 99, and air as well.

If we raise, the combo draws probably re-raise, which is bad for us. But the our flop raise would be good for everything else.

That's a good thing if he folds a hand that has a lot of outs on us. We want him folding Ts9s or KT, because those have 8 outs on us that he could catch cheaply had we called the flop.

I suck at counting combos... but the only ones I think we're in real trouble to are the ones that will re-raise, which we can fold for a 3-town.

He folds everything else, or makes a massively incorrect call with everything else, both of which are good for us.

I suck at counting combos, but the vast majority of his range is what we want folding or calling incorrectly. When he does play back at us it's with the hands we don't want to be up against anyway, and we can fold. And we fold out hands that we don't want drawing against us like offsuit straight draws.

I'm sorry if I'm being longwinded... I'm really enjoying this discussion though... even if I'm wrong.