View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: 100NL: I Am So Confused

[ QUOTE ]
this doesn't seem that hard of a decision to make. u wrote u've played thousands of hands w/ this player so u should know him/her well by now. there is $159 in the pot ($12 preflop & $42 on the flop plus the $105 all in on turn) and u need to call $105. u r gettin 1.5:1 on ur money which means u need to win the hand more than 1 out of every 2.5 times or over 40% of the time to make the call profitable. just pick a hand range for this person (since u r supposed to know him/her that well) and measure ur hand against his range.

if u don't know how to do this then u def have a lot to learn yet. u could start by reading an article phil galfond (omgclayaiken) wrote not so long ago for bluff mag about hand ranges and what he called "g-bucks". i believe it's the simplest way i've ever read that concept explained.
link to article

[/ QUOTE ]

El-oh-el at this whole post.

I'm going to completely ignore how much you ripped on me in this post and just ask you what YOU think his range is here. Just because I've played a lot of hands with him doesn't mean he's transparent...my God, if that were true, the pros would never play against each other since they'd always know what the other players had.