View Single Post
Old 02-14-2007, 06:42 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Your favorite things to do or places to go: San Francisco Bay Are

ohh we can do peninsula too? then its on!

The four restaurants where we frequently go to lunch in Mountain View are:

-Cafe Yulong. This place is my favorite. It is seriously a fantastic lunch deal. I always get the Szechewan Sha Zhang Noodles with Seafood, which is a giant bowl of homemade noodles covered with onions, zucchini, chiles, shrimp and calamari, soooo good.

- Sushitomi - I LOOOOOVE sushi, and this place has tons of awesome stuff. The first time i went i had Kobe Beef and Toro Nigiri, super expensive, but just flat out amazing. Since then I have gotten the Sashimi Lunch Special, which is a ton of sashimi, soup and a salad for like 12 dollars. Whenever im having a bad day pre-lunch i go here.

- The Old Siam - This is the best Thai Food place i have ever been to. The Pad Se Ew here is just ridiculously good, the waitresses, while seeming mean and snappy, are incredibly nice once youve gone a few times, and this is the restaurant where we most frequently converse with the servers. KAI NGA- Deep fried chicken nugget mixed with sweet&sour sauce. Is pretty insane too. But yeah, its just fried chicken breast, which always rules.

- Dittmer's Gourmet Meats and Wurst-Haus - Ridiculously good sandwiches, their walls are just covered with awards. They have 50+ varities of sausage and the most comprehensive meat selection i have ever seen. My friend and I spent ~$100 here on meat for our superbowl party and didnt regret it. The day after I made probably the best sandwich i have ever had when i made a big slab of skirt steak on the grill, cut it up, put it on a ciabatta roll, fried some of dittmer's thick cut garlic bacon and some onions and put it all together. they won the award for best bacon in california in 2006. and they have slab bacon, nuff said?