View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Popular (book, movie, etc) that you simply don\'t like.

Agree on Scarface and think it's tremendously overrated on almost every score. Further, that it's the beginning of the end for Pacino, who starts out as a cartoon in that picture and continues to be one forever after.

Another huge movie favorite I don't love is Sin City. I thought it was stupid and exploitive and infantile.

2001: A Space Odyssey is one of the more boring movies I've ever seen, though parts are great.

Star Wars and Lord of the Rings: struck me as visually interesting movies that are for the most part average at best and have severe pacing problems.

Firmly convinced that the first Godfather and the first in the Alien series are by far superior to the sequels. And I mean not just a little.

Almost all reality shows: do not want

Re: non-entertainment stuff:

I don't like many gas guzzling cars. I'm driving a decent car these days, but to tell you the truth I'd be happier with one that cost half as much or less and didn't eat so much premium gas.

Not a fan of junk food.

Don't like tattoos at all. On women, anyway. If you're a guy I don't care what you do too much, but I gotta wonder how smart somebody is who gets ones that show up on job interviews. That last actually goes for the women as well.

Personal perversity: I'm one of those guys who actually LIKES vegetables, as long as they're not boiled into a mush or something. Salads too -- I like the cold, refreshing crunch and variety of textures. I wouldn't mind eating one every day, honest, even as a meal.