View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: new live 5-5 plo game at bike...big hand

[ QUOTE ]
One thing that I didn't catch because of the narrative form of the HH is that this is a 3-bet pot. If so, I think going for a check/raise on the flop is actually perfectly standard; it's not bad at all, and we can't read quite as much strength out of the C/R in front of us. I still think the turn lead's bad though.

Also, on the preflop play, it's not that you have to only play the nuts. I certainly don't do that online. I play a very aggro game and push a lot of slim edges. But when you play a hand like 5332 that regularly makes a lot 2nd nut straights and 3rd-best sets, I really don't think it can be played profitably.

And yes, I understand the difference between live and online play. I do open my game up a little bit live and play more hands, both because the players are worse, and just because it's so darn boring waiting 5 minutes until the next decision, but I still think 5332's going to get you in trouble way too much to be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

in the situation described i wasnt really "playing" 2335 i was just playing position in a heads up pot and then got bushwacked by the button. i would like to hear more about whether you (and others) would fold to the rr after the utg calls. it seems to me im in an ok spot to win a decent pot on the flop if i flop good and can get it heads up against the pfr...do you think this situation is too infrequent to continue w/ the hand? this might be getting to player dependent and entering the "it depends" zone.