Thread: Crossfit FAQ
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 11:30 AM

Default Re: Crossfit FAQ

Rearden,

Not so much in depth. I'm definitely not a Crossfit junkie. I'll expand on the point a little.

1) Absurdity - Better for BB than BB?!? They use asinine comps to validate this. Such as "We have big people". Yes, I have a friend who is 6'4 230. He is huge. He rarely lifts weights, he gets drunk a ton, and is insane. He's also strong like bull. Why? Genetics. If Crossfit was so great they'd have a few guys who could compete at BB contests, but as it is they have none. Crossfit does not address basic points such as symmetry which are crucial to BB. I think we can settle that (as been agreed above as idiotic). Also the whole functional aspect of Crossfit is tired and boring. What % of Crossfitters workout so they can perform their jobs better? How many are guys wanting to get in shape or just look better? Lastly, why are you only allowed to be on one [censored] diet at all? And why isn't it a normal Zone. Why do they make up their own rules for it? It seems strange to "Crossfitize" everything for their programs.
2) Crossfit doesn't seem to want people to try other methodology despite volume-intensity periodization changes widely being considered amazing for gaining size and strength. Doing the same program for years will likely result in your growing and performing quite well. But would it be better than rotating your program every so often? Likely not.
3) The aforementioned problem I have with the crossfit total where Rippetoe took a PL total and swapped a strict standing press for a bench and it is magically better. Kipping is suppose to be functional and increase power output. Why don't they increase power output in all their workouts? Why... If I curl my toes while kipping, I'll increase power output as well.... I'm gonna stop here. I can't "analyze" anymore of this drivel. I stopped reading their foundations page at around "triathletes are not athletes"

Here's another great quote: "We’ve used our same routines for elderly individuals with heart disease and cage fighters one month out from televised bouts. The needs of Olympic athletes and our grandparents differ by degree not kind."