View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 11:06 PM

Default Re: This Forum Will Close June 30th

[ QUOTE ]
Who exactly is pushing this to be closed and why though?

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe Pokeraddict answered both your questions in the OP:

[ QUOTE ]
I have been told by the admins that this forum will close on June 30th. The amount of questionable threads and spammy posts have led to this.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's really as simple as that. 2+2 management has never been comfortable with rakeback discussion. This forum was created by a paying sponsor who has long since withdrawn. Money is the only reason they ever allowed this in the first place. If PA hadn't stepped in and agreed to mod I'm sure it would have been closed long ago.

Please don't blame this on the major rakeback affiliates because they have little influence and are actually among the victims. This forum has been instrumental in both growing the rakeback customer base and directing the business toward the major reputable firms. Without it many new players will either not have rakeback at all or will be sucked in by scamsters.

Of course the primary enemies of rakeback are most of the rooms and their non-rakeback affiliates. They are the ones who complain about what goes on here. For example do you really think PartyPoker is happy about what goes on in this forum? We can only guess what their affiliate manager has been saying since 2+2 joined their program.