View Single Post
Old 01-24-2007, 06:47 PM

Default Re: 2/4 76suited probably poor play

[ QUOTE ]
If somehow it is statistically correct to call that flop, you're still out of position. Not often do many, especially me, disagree with the wisdom of 929, but here I can't see how calling is the right play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone who disagrees with me must be retarded! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Ok seriously though, youve put alot more thought into the flop play than I have which is a compliment since I never really think when im in this situation which cant be right. With a pair and a backdoor draw I just peel like its my job. And I always talk myself into believing that the villain will check the turn often enough to make this peel a better EV play than it looks, and I also tell myself that I will have the best hand and be able to showdown for one small bet when villain gives up and checks both the turn and river a nonzero percent of the time to also add value to my flop peel. Neither of these events has to be true but thats my thought process. The fact that I often check/call this flop with Ax and Qx may also help my cause if the villain is aware of my play which they usually are not.

Ultimately I cannot tell you if peeling this flop is better than folding. What I can tell you is I have never folded in that spot not becuz calling is right, but becuz calling just feels good. When two different plays are close in expectation I will usually choose the path that feels the best.

Heres another example that explains my case: Lets say I have the choice between dating two hot girls. They have the same characteristics except for one variable. One girl has an IQ of 145, the other has an IQ of 75. I will always choose the girl with the IQ of 75 not becuz its right, but becuz that decision feels the best. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I guess my point is not all my decions are rationally based in poker or in life.