View Single Post
Old 05-31-2007, 11:41 AM

Default Re: New Football League, Cuban to own a team...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This league's strategy is supposedly to pay a premium for 2nd rounders on. If they can fill out the league with guys who are nfl-caliber or just below it, it would be a nice gap-filler between college and the NFL. Plus, we might get to see actual careers for college stars who can't make it in the NFL.

I fully support this, and I'm looking forward to Friday Nights now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuban is a very smart businessman, if he and his partners have researched the new CBA, players salaries/caps, and total number of players on the market and have decided they can score some worthwhile players, he is probably on to something. It doesn't mean it will work but he is too smart to be that wrong, this is not like the XFL getting headed by vince mcmahon or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think Mark Cuban is somehow immune to making a bad business decision because he is a billionaire, yet Vince McMahon is some kind of idiot with a net worth of several hundred million?

[/ QUOTE ]

"It doesn't mean it will work but he is too smart to be that wrong"

I said it doesn't mean it will work, but Cuban is smart enough that there is probably some potential here. When someone as smart and successful as him has a business idea, its usually worth listening to, moreso than if it came from some random dude.

I'm not even sure what youre getting at about mcmahon. i never said he wasnt smart, hes awesome at what he does, but what he does is run the wrestling industry, something totally different than cuban. the xfl was something very different than what they are trying to do here, i dont think they are comparable.

[/ QUOTE ]

What specifically do you think makes Cuban better to run a startup league than McMahon?