View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 11:23 PM

Default Re: OT: How often do regs spew?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I like this thread. Seems everyone has a definition of spew. Mine is as follows.

Say the best player ever at $100 BI NL 6 handed can make between 20-30 PTBB/100 hands. He's able to do this long term because he is incredibly focused, knows all the plays and picks the best one on all situations, he never plays weak, never tilts and never spews. This person does not exist in reality, but maybe he does in potential.

Now, let's say my potential top end earn is 10 PTBB/100 based on my knowledge of the game. If my winrate is 5 PTBB/100, then I'm losing the other 5 PTBB/100 because of things that I can immediately control... weak play, spew, tilt. With these numbers, I'd say weak play accounts for about 1PTBB/100, tilt 2PTBB/100 and spew 2PTBB/100.

Now, if I want my potential winrate to go higher than 10PTBB/100, I need to learn new plays, find ways to optimize my strats against specific types of opponents, basically increase my knowledge base. Let's say I study for a week and come back with new knowledge and a potential top end earn of 12PTBB/100.

If I still carry the same amount of weak play, tilt and spew that I did before (which I would if I haven't worked on this area of my game at all), then I'm only going to see an actual increase to 6PTBB/100 instead of a bump to 7PTBB/100. Even though my knowledge gain was 2PTBB/100, my actual results were cut in half because I suck at discipline.

Seems to me I'd do better in the long run if I focused on eliminating tilt/weakness/spew from my game before watching more videos and posting more hands, etc.

If only I was a purely logical being. Dang emotions!

soda

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz to be esplaining ur maths? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No math here, just personal feeling/guesswork more theoretical than fact.

soda