View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: How many callers does Buzz need?

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, but you will have to pay for both of those cards, unless you can count on the turn being checked through.

[/ QUOTE ]Duh - You’re right about that.

If two opponents call my one bet on the second betting round and if all three of us also each put in one (big) bet on the third betting round, I’m still getting 2 to 1 odds on the fresh money going into the pot on the next two betting rounds.

(But if two opponents call here and then one drops out on the next betting round, then I’m not). I guess I have to cross my fingers for this betting round and keep them crossed for the turn, the next betting round and the river. (That's how you play Omaha-8, at least figuratively. It's somehow kind of exciting.) [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

If the board pairs on the turn, then it’s only costing me one bet. If the turn is one of three non-club nines, then it’s ugly. Otherwise I either make the club flush, a Broadway, or pick up a low draw. I was more or less aware of these possibilities, but didn’t completely think them through while I was playing the hand. But, yes, there are some possible disasters here. Omaha-8 is definitely a drawing game and there are always possible disasters when you’re drawing. For example, I could make the nut club flush with the ace of clubs on the turn and then the board could pair on the river with the result that I would lose it all. (Fortunately for me, that didn’t happen).

As I look at the hand and the flop now, I think Hero is probably ahead after the flop against five hands with random cards. Of course my opponents don’t have random cards, but with this particular flop,
J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], I think they might be better off with random cards. At any rate, I think Hero, with
A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], probably has the best hand here, although he doesn’t actually have anything yet. If Hero’s ahead here, even though he doesn’t have anything yet, I think he wants fresh money going into the pot.

[ QUOTE ]
(you're 4:1 on each street).

[/ QUOTE ]I think something like that way when I’m calling, but I don’t think that way when I’m initiating fresh money into the pot. Assuming the board doesn’t pair on the turn, I’m seeing the river with this hand/flop.

Buzz