View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 04:17 AM

Default Re: Recent Amarillo Slim news?

" grew up in amarillo and lived there almost 20 years. i have a pretty good idea what it's like. i can speak to the public's general perception of him up until the charges and generally speaking people were proud of him and glad someone would name himself after their rather obscure texas city."

As I think my post made clear, I'm talking about "preachers and deacons," not the guy who sold you pot when you were in high school.

And if your point was you believe there were churches that were supportive of Slim, here's my response: NAME ONE. Then give them a call and ask if you're right.

Unless you're talking about some random Unitarian who stayed there for a couple days when his car broke down I'm confident they'll be happy to spend as much time as you can stand explaining to you where you're wrong. ...chapter and verse.

By the way, my point isn't that they're evil people, it's just that they're people with real convictions and they don't include gambling for a living. They might even have been willing to set Slim free, but my point was I don't believe he can be blamed for not wanting to bet his life on a jury at least partly comprised of people who actually believe you're entire life has been devoted to sin.

What part of that is hard to understand?