View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 04:38 PM

Default Trip Report: Isle of Capri - Waterloo, IA

So I headed back home for Thanksgiving and had to check out the new Isle of Capri in Waterloo, IA (sure beats driving to Tama or Riverside).

Anyway, I walk in about 11:30pm on Thanksgiving after some earlier drinking, they have a 3/6 limit and 1/2 NL game running, one open seat in the 1/2 NL so I take it and buyin for the max $200 (min $100). The room has 6 tables and is off in its own area somewhat secluded but can still hear some slot noise. I talked to the floor as well, he used to work at Harrah's in KC so this was a definite lower traffic room change for him but seems well ran and trying to do a good job. From what I have heard they have had four 1-2 NL games running at times which seems good for this small market.

The one thing that shocked me (in a good way) was the fact they had buttons right on the tables to show open seats and swipe you in (just like MGM in Vegas) which was pretty handy. There was a little LCD right by that which showed all of the players name at the table. I thought this was great for building a positive experience between players/dealers when they can use first names and not "hey seat 3"

Overall a good experience and I will be going back today (Friday) for another session. I have been told the 2-5 PL HOE game has been going here on Tuesday's and Friday's lately so I am hoping that will run as it is $300 min, no max. I have only played 2-5 PL HOE game at Prairie Meadows in Des Moines and avg stack there was $2,000-3,000 but I dont anticipate the one in Waterloo to play quite so big but I will report back on that tomorrow

HOE = Hold'em, Omaha High, Omaha High/Low