View Single Post
Old 07-27-2007, 04:10 PM

Default Well sometimes they lie...

...so here's a quick story.

40/80 holdem in an LA Card Barn a while back. It's three way on the river including our Hero who is last to act. A player who we now know is the Goofy Hat Bandit bets the river from the six seat and holds his hand up so seats seven through nine can see it. Seat one is considering a call but GHB exclaims "Save your money, save your money" so after a few seconds seat one folds.

Action is now on Hero in the five seat and once again GHB says "Save your money, save your money". Hero slides out eight brown ($80) to call with his king high busted draw. GHB reaches over to Hero's chips and tosses them back repeating "Save your money, save your money, I got a big hand, I'll show you."

Hero slides his eight chips to call again. Once more GHB reaches over and slides back the chip, repeating that he "only" wants to save Hero some money. Hero puts the chips out one more time and firmly states "I call". GHB throws his hand away and Hero's hand is good.

I guess GHB had to rob another bank to reload [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

~ Rick

PS Some good pictures of the Goofy Hat Bandit among others in this spread.