View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Re: Got a little lost

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kind of a strange hand, no reads other than they probably suck and are quite passive. I think they need at least AJ+ to call the river bet and that is pushing it a bit. Blind has 2 buy-ins, I have 2 buy-ins, MP has 1 buy-in

Bunch of limpers, Hero pots the button with
Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Two callers (one in the blind and one in MP) see a flop:
J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero pots (both call)

Turn 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check, check, check

River 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot = one buy-in)
Hero pots ...

As I said earlier they are pretty passive but I think they bet a set on the turn because there's no way I check AA on that board. Should I have just shoved the turn as well?

[/ QUOTE ]

It'd help to know what the buy in was. As played, I don't know why you're bluffing the river here, what hand are u trying to represent by potting the flop, checking a spade 2 on the turn, and then repotting an innocuous 6 on the river? This hand looks EXACTLY what it is - an attempt to win the pot on the river after missing all the draws you had on the flop. If you're opponents are any good at all, they'd look you up here a ton of times unless for some reason you have a table image that you always check the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right. But their calling range on the river is much, much smaller than it is on the flop because no draws got there. None. So even if they do put me on next to nothing, how light can they really call? This isn't like hold 'em where you can call with 4th pair on the river if someone does something blatant like this because the last bet is 100 bbs and I could have a wide range of made/combo hands.